8.13.2011

Japan Stuff: かき氷 (kakigoori)

Kakigoori is a famous Japanese dessert especially during summer. It is made of shaved ice and topped with flavored syrup. You can often see it at omatsuri (summer festivals) and even on convenient stores.

Today, on our way home, I saw a kakigoori stall. And since it was very hot, I decided to buy for me and my son. It costs ¥100 (about 50 php). Eventhough it was self-service, the staff was very nice to assist me on how to make it since I have no idea how to do it haha.

Here's the shaver:


After shaving the ice, you can choose what flavor you want.
My strawberry flavored kakigoori and the flavored syrup in the background. There was strawberry, peach, mango, melon, cola, grapes and a lot more!

And lastly, here's my model. Cute eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment